Thank you for saving tiny lives with the gift of donor milk!
1. Complete the online Donor Interest Form
We will call you to complete a brief pre-screening.
If you are a candidate for donation, we will send you our full donor application.
2. Complete the full donor application.
We will review the application and contact your medical providers.
3. Milk Bank WGL will arrange for blood testing at no cost to you.
4. We will call you with your donor number and drop off instructions.
We will find a convenient depot location to drop off your frozen breast milk or find other shipping/transport options.
The screening process takes 1-3 weeks to complete.
Our goal is to make the screening process as convenient as possible for our donors!
Milk donors are healthy lactating women who have extra milk and want to help other babies in need. Milk donors:
- Plan to donate at least 100 ounces to the milk bank for their first drop-off
- Store milk in single use breast milk storage bags or containers labeled with the pump date
- Donate milk that has been stored for less than 9 months in a deep freezer or 6 months in a standard freezer
- Donate milk that was pumped before their baby's second birthday
- Contact the milk bank if there are any changes in health status or when taking new medications
Donating After a Loss
Some mothers choose to donate their baby's milk after a loss. These mothers expressed that they wanted to share their baby's milk with other babies in need. They also explained that it was too hard to discard their baby's milk and they wanted to make meaning from their pumping experience. If you would like to donate milk in your baby's honor, please understand that we will accept any and all of this milk. There is no minimum donation amount and we will accept your milk, even if you take medications. You may also choose to participate in "Poppy's Dream" and a star engraved with your child's name and birth date will be added to the beautiful night sky in our milk bank lobby.
Lisa donated 1,200 ounces of milk in Melinda's honor