How to Donate
The Mothers Milk Bank of the Western Great Lakes is a
non-profit human milk bank that serves the Western
Great Lakes region, including Wisconsin and Illinois.
Donor Screening Process
1. Complete the online Donor Interest Form
We will call you to complete a brief pre-screening.
If you are a candidate for donation, we will send you our full donor application.
2. Complete the full donor application.
We will review the application and contact your medical providers.
3. Milk Bank WGL will arrange for blood testing at no cost to you.
4. We will call you with your donor number and drop off instructions.
We will find a convenient depot location to drop off your frozen breast milk or find other shipping/transport options.
The screening process takes 1-3 weeks to complete.
Our goal is to make the screening process as convenient as possible for our donors!
Milk donors are healthy lactating women who have extra milk and want to help other babies in need. Milk donors:
- – Plan to donate at least 100 ounces to the milk bank for their first drop-off
- – Store milk in single use breast milk storage bags or containers labeled with the pump date
- – Donate milk that has been stored for less than 9 months in a deep freezer or 6 months in a standard freezer
- – Donate milk that was pumped before their baby’s second birthday
- – Contact the milk bank if there are any changes in health status or when taking new medications